NOTICE OF VACANCY FOR THE MONTECITO FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT BOARD
The Montecito Fire Protection District announces that, effective July 22, 2015, a vacancy exists on the Board of Directors due to the resignation of Director Susan Keller.
Pursuant to California Code section 1780, the Board is seeking qualified applicants to serve as an appointed Director until the next general district election in November 2016, and thereafter until the person elected at that election to fill the vacancy has been qualified.
Cover letters, resumes / statements of qualifications submitted for this position will be received at Fire Station #1 located at 595 San Ysidro Road, Montecito, CA, 93108 until 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2015, after which time the Board will consider all applications received.
By order of the Board of Directors of the Montecito fire protection District
Gene Sinser, Secretary
Posted July 23, 2015
Persons interested in applying to fill the vacancy should know the following:
- An applicant must reside within the boundaries of the Montecito Fire Protection District, and be a registered voter of the District.
- The appointee must run in the General Elections in November 2016 to retain the appointed seat, and preference will be given to those willing to run.
- Regular Board of Directors meetings are held on the fourth Monday of every month beginning at 2:00 p.m. at Fire Station #1 located at 595 San Ysidro Road, Montecito, CA 93108. Directors are expected to be faithful in attendance.
- Directors are encouraged to serve on at least one Board Committee that meets monthly, and may need to represent the District at other meetings.
- Education and experience in finance, business, strategic planning, or related fields is desirable.
- Interested persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed resume to the Montecito Fire Protection District at Station #1 no later than August 31, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
- Interviews for the position will be conducted by the Board of Directors at a public meeting on September 17, 2015 at 1:00 p.m., with the appointment being made no later than September 18, 2015.
- Cover letters, resumes / statements of qualifications and requests for further information should be addressed to:
Chip Hickman, Fire Chief
Montecito Fire Protection District
595 San Ysidro Road
Montecito, CA 93108
Documents can also be emailed to: [email protected]