ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC & FIREFIGHTER/EMT
FILING DATE and HOURS
Opening at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017
Closing at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017
Written Examination: Current Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) test score of 70% or higher (dated between May 19, 2016 and May 19, 2017). FCTC allows applicants to take the written test once in a thirty-day period.
- There is an FCTC test being offered at UCSB on April 22, 2017. If a test date is full, please contact FCTC at (877) 648-2728 or [email protected] to be placed on a waitlist. For a full list of test dates and locations visit: https://www.fctconline.org/candidates/upcoming-test-schedule/
- As part of the process you will need to establish an account with FCTC at https://www.fctconline.org
- Test Prep is available at https://www.fctconline.org/candidates/test-prep/
Physical Agility: Current California Physical Agility Test certificate (CPAT) dated between May 19, 2016 & May 19, 2017.
- To see upcoming CPAT orientations, practice sessions, and dates visit https://www.fctconline.org/candidates/upcoming-test-schedule/
- Fees: There is a fee to take both the FCTC written exam and the CPAT. However, the California Fire Foundation has grants available to pay the fees for individuals who demonstrate a financial hardship. To learn more about the grant application and to see if you qualify, please visit: https://www.fctconline.org/candidates/financial-hardship/
Apply: Opening at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017 and Closing at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017. The application and all supporting documentation MUST be submitted via NEOGOV(GovernmentJobs.com). To view the job announcement and link to the application, go to: http://www.montecitofire.com/employment
Please submit the following supporting documentation with your application through NEOGOV:
- Cover letter
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- CPAT certification
- Valid California Class A, B, or C drivers's license or equivalent allowing for licensure prior to appointment
- California State Fire Marshal Firefighter I Certificate or graduation diploma from a Firefighter I academy accredited by the California State Fire Marshal or be eligible for reciprocity within the guidelines of California State Fire Training. Visit this link for information regarding reciprocity: http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/training/reciprocity
- California EMT Certificate or current California EMT Card or NREMT with reciprocity for California; Current CPR AED healthcare provider certification (Firefighter/EMT).
- Current California Paramedic License, or proof of eligibility for reciprocity. Must obtain California Paramedic Licensure prior to appointment; Current CPR AED healthcare provider certification (Firefighter/Paramedic).
- Firefighter/Paramedic applicants must obtain ACLS & PALS certification prior to appointment.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency (e.g., G.E.D., California High School Proficiency Certificate).
- Must be 18 years of age at time of appointment.
- Asessment: Candidates will be subject to an oral interview/assessment.
- Academy: Upon hire, candidates will be required to complete a training academy.
- Continuation: Candidates must successfully complete each phase of the selection process in order to be scheduled for subsequent phases. Successful completion of a given phase does not guarantee continuation into the next segment of the process.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE ALL REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS BY DATE OF APPLICATION. ALL REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE APPLICATION PERIOD.