The Montecito Fire Protection District (MFPD), along with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department, will conduct a test of the emergency notification methods utilized by MFPD on June 1, 2015 starting at 10:00 AM.
MFPD will be testing the following methods utilized to notify the community during an emergency.
- Immediate notification sent out by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department. These messages are sent to home phones or cell phones registered with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department. A pre-recorded message will describe the emergency, and what actions community members should take.
The Hearo Emergency Broadcast Radio
- Immediate notification sent out by MFPD personnel. These messages are sent to desk-top radios inside homes and businesses. An audible alert tone will sound, with a scrolling message instructing community members what actions to take. The Hearo Radios are available only to community members residing within the Montecito Fire District jurisdiction.
During an actual emergency, the Reverse 9-1-1 and Hearo Radios will only be activated for zones immediately affected by or adjacent to an emergency incident.
Nixle, Facebook and Twitter
- Notification sent by MFPD personnel to all subscribers of these social media applications via computer, email accounts and or cell phones.
The AM 1610 Radio Station
- This radio station is owned and operated by MFPD. In the event of an emergency, MFPD personnel will broadcast recorded information, and what actions should be taken by community members during the incident.
The MFPD Website: www.montecitofire.com
- Accessible by computer or data phones. Information regarding local incidents will be displayed on the home page.
The test will be conducted using pre-identified evacuation zones.
Download the Evacuation Map
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM: ZONES 1, 2, 3
Western MFPD Boundary to Hot Springs Road, North of Hwy. 192.
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM: ZONES 4, 5, 6, 7
Hot Springs Road to the Eastern MFPD Boundary, North of Hwy. 192.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: ZONES 8, 9, 10
Western MFPD Boundary to San Ysidro Road, between Hwy. 192 and Hwy. 101.
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM: ZONES 11, 14, 15
San Ysidro Road to Oretga Ridge Road between Hwy. 192 and Hwy. 101
Olive Mill Road to the Eastern MFPD Boundary, South of 101.
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM: ZONES 12, 13
Western MFPD Boundary to Olive Mill Road, South of Hwy .101.
After the test, MFPD residents are encouraged to complete a survey at this weblink: