The Montecito Fire Protection District has a vacancy on its Board of Directors. Pursuant to Government Code section 1780, the Board intends to fill this vacancy by appointment of a qualified applicant to serve as a Director until the next general District election in November 2016. The appointed Director then may seek election to the Board for a regular term of office. Persons interested in applying to fill the vacancy should know the following:
- An applicant must reside within the boundaries of the Montecito Fire Protection District, and be a registered voter of the District.
- The appointee must run in the general elections in November 2016 to retain the appointed seat, and preference will be given in the appointment process to applicants willing to run.
- Regular Board of Directors meetings are held on the fourth Monday of every month beginning at 2:00 p.m. at Fire Station #1 located at 595 San Ysidro Road, Montecito, CA 93108. Directors are expected to be faithful in attendance.
- Directors are encouraged to serve on at least one Board Committee, and may need to represent the District at other meetings.
- Education and experience in finance, business, strategic planning, or related fields is desirable.
- Interested persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed resume to the Montecito Fire Protection District at Station #1 no later than July 15, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
- Interviews for the position will be conducted by the Board of Directors at a public meeting on July 21, 2016 at 2:00 p.m., and the appointment will be made at the same meeting, with the appointed Director immediately commencing service on the Board.
- Applicants’ submittals and requests for further information should be addressed to:
Chip Hickman, Fire Chief
Montecito Fire Protection District
595 San Ysidro Road
Montecito, CA 93108
Documents can also be emailed to: