MONTECITO, CA – June 8, 2016 – The Montecito Fire Protection District (MFPD), along with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department, will conduct a test of the emergency notification methods utilized by MFPD on June 15, 2016 starting at 10:00 AM.
MFPD will be testing the following methods utilized to notify the community during an emergency.
Aware and Prepare
- Immediate notification sent out by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department. These messages are sent to home phones, cell phones and other devices registered with the Santa Barbara County Aware and Prepare Program. A message will describe the emergency, and what actions community members should take.
The Hearo Emergency Broadcast Radio
- Immediate notification sent out by MFPD personnel. These messages are sent to desk-top radios inside homes and businesses. An audible alert tone will sound, with a scrolling message instructing community members what actions to take. The Hearo Radios are available only to community members residing within the Montecito Fire District jurisdiction.
During an actual emergency, the Reverse 9-1-1 and Hearo Radios will only be activated for zones immediately affected by or adjacent to an emergency incident.
Nixle, Facebook and Twitter
- Notification sent by MFPD personnel to all subscribers of these social media applications via computer, email accounts and or cell phones.
The AM 1610 Radio Station
- This radio station is owned and operated by MFPD. In the event of an emergency, MFPD personnel will broadcast recorded information, and what actions should be taken by community members during the incident.
The MFPD Website: www.montecitofire.com
- Accessible by computer or data phones. Information regarding local incidents will be displayed on the home page.
The test will be conducted using pre-identified evacuation zones. See attached map or go to: http://www.montecitofire.com/district-map
10:00AM - 11:30 AM: ZONES 1, 2, 3
From the Western Montecito District Boundary along Gibraltar and El Cielito Rd. to Hot Springs Rd, North of Hwy. 192
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: ZONES 4, 5, 6, 7
From Hot Springs Rd, to the Eastern Montecito District Boundary, along Ladera Ln, North of Hwy. 192
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: ZONES 8, 9, 10
From the Western Montecito District Boundary along Sycamore Canyon Rd. to San Ysidro Rd, south of Hwy.192, and north of Hwy. 101.
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM: ZONES 11, 14, 15
San Ysidro Rd. to Ortega Ridge Rd, between Hwy. 192 and Hwy. 101 (Zone 11)
Olive Mill Rd to the Eastern Montecito Boundary along Fernald Point Ln, South of Hwy. 101 (Zones 14, 15)
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM: ZONES 12, 13
Western Montecito District Boundary to Olive Mill Rd, South of Hwy.101
After the test, MFPD residents are encouraged to complete a survey at this web link: