Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP)
August 19, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
Montecito Planning Commission Meeting
123 E. Anapamu Street
Planning Commission Hearing Room
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
The Montecito Fire Protection District needs your input for development of the Montecito Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP). Our intent is to bring together diverse local interests to identify mutual concerns and locally derived solutions for protecting life, homes, businesses, community infrastructure, and historical resources while balancing the need for natural resource sustainability. All stakeholders including property-owners, residents, local agencies, organizations, associations, business-owners, community leaders, and interested publics are encouraged to attend this workshop.
Stakeholder input is critical to the success in the development of our CWPP. This workshop will offer a positive, solution-oriented environment in which to address the wildfire threat to our community.
Opening Remarks – Montecito Fire Department
Open Remarks – Geo Elements
- Overview of the CWPP process
- Collaborative approach to plan development
- Fire History
- Review Montecito Fire Protection District's High Fire Hazard Severity Zones
- Introduction to fire modeling and expected outputs
- Review how the District Addresses Wildfire Risk
- Identification of potential fuel treatment strategies in Montecito
- Review CWPP major components